Short Trip in Leipzig, Germany

Back to write again while lately they are so many bad issues arguing about streaming film in Deutschland. Well yeah, sadly I can not watch the next episode of Korean's movie. I am currently living in Germany. No, this is not emotional story about living as a student in other countries but the city in Germany that I have chance to visit. Leipzig will be honor be a first city that I post LOL

Leipzig is the largest city in the federal State of Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. First time I reach Leipzig within 50 minutes from my city, Halle. Then, I arrive in Leipzig Hauptbahnhof ( Central Station), I walk short time around this place while I was waiting my friend. This is the main central station in Leipzig.
Leipzig Central Station


When you go out from the main station, then it is the building that you will see. A cute wall art from Hotel Marriot. Beside you, that will be a monument and small garden. Sometimes people sit here and enjoy the day. After that you can walk to centre area. That will be a lot of famous shop, traditional market, and museum. But today I have a plan to see a Monument, which is very famous in Leipzig.

Völkersschlachtsdenkmal

This Monument and museum commemorate Napoleon´s defeat Germany at Leipzig. You can enter and buy the ticket. Lucky I got discount €6  for student instead of normal price €8. Being student in Germany is a good thing. Is it?  When I entered, I felt that I was pulled into all wars in past years. I didn't understand why all the statues are sad or heavy face. Ah ya, the interior above was amazing. I took picture when I saw above. Then I took a lift while I wanted to go to the top. It is important in Germany, that many places have a height building. It is functioned for seeing from above.  Surely that it is pretty amazing but before that I muss take my step into thousand stone ladder. I was so tired but it is worth to try.




After that, you can walk to centrum. There will be a lot of things to buy and many restaurants worth to try. You can try Hans im Gluck (A Burger Restaurant which is famous in Germany) and Mekong Restaurant for Asian taste (try their Pho number 51). Things to see in there are Nikolai Church, Leipzig University, and Marktplazt. In Nikolai Church you can see a beautiful chuch and you can go inside. That will be many works from Johannes Sebastian Bach. A small place beside the gate is for saving her masterpiece and violins.

When you are in Germany, you always search Marktplazt (Center of the City). That will be a lot of interesting local market. Every Friday afternoon, the price will be cheaper.



Finally I beat my laziness back to write. Also I am now living in Germany, I have a difficulty to write in good Grammatik in  English. Should I write next in Bahasa Indonesia? I will be think next.




Comments

  1. Excellent post! I recently applied for a Germany Visa. I will be getting it in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, I was looking for good places where I can enjoy scenic views & scrumptious food. Leipzig Germany does fit the bill. I will be putting some places that you shared in my travel itinerary to make my vacation more exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very well described short trip to Leipzig Germany. I am surfing online for more places to visit in Germany because I have a lecture to attend in Germany next month; therefore I have partially divided my time for visiting the most famous places in Germany as well. On the top of the list is Leipzig and I don’t want to leave Germany without exploring this magnificent place. I am also trying to know more about applying for a long term visa so that I can easily plan my other travels as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making easy Europe Trip

VORSTELLUNGSGESPRÄCH (The Day) dan Pre Hospitasi di Rumah Sakit Jerman

Road to be a doctor in Germany II