Cycling Through Forest, Ricefield, and Village at Ubud, Bali

Hey Ho, back to Bali at March 2014 for fourth times made me thinking about super fun new experiences. After searched, what location in Bali that I haven't visited. I found Ubud, Bali that located among rice paddies and steep ravines in the central foothills of the Gianyar regency. Actually, the purpose I went to Bali for anti aging seminar which is really improving in there. So, I just had one free day before back to Jakarta. Then, I read many blog and what most fun to do in there and found the activity was CYCLING!! Thinking, I've never done that and then started to contact the cycling tour. The reason why I followed a tour because my hotel's location in Kuta too far from Ubud. I used trip ad visor to  read some suggestions. I compared the price, activity, and hospitality sound on phone. LOL, serious I'm typical to believe a seller in hospitality :D

This is Sunday when I was there and picked up at 07.00 am. So, I wore a comfort tank top and long pants, hat, and also casual jacket.  Picked up on time with Made the cycling guide from Banyan Bike tour and he told me today just me and one person from California. The journey started to pick the foreigner first because her hotel was near Ubud. Ahh, I forgot to take photo with her but thinking foreigners weren't like Indonesian  who really loves selfie photo instead of the view ;D

Outfit of The Day
Finally arrived, maybe the time showed 08.30 am. This is the place where we would have a breakfast. What a breathtaking view and I would go down there by a moutain bike.\('0')/ . Made asked us to choice one of three menus (fried rice/fried noodle/pancake and a glass of coffee/tea/juice). Directly, I chose pineapple pancake and a glass of orange juice. 
View from the restaurant
 My fluffy pancake came!! The smell was so nice, warm, and the sauce not too sweet. The taste was super good!! Seriously, I miss it now. I've tried to make it by myself but wasn't fluffy as it was ;(
Pineapple pancake
 After 30 minutes, I took a journey again and arrived in the field. There is a black jeep with 5 mountain bikes. I was free to choose the Tosca one. Then, I was given a short information how to bike, the track, and the activity.
Mountain Bike
Okay, here I go to cycling!! First, I just cycled through a street through small way between rice field and forest. Because, it was my first time, I was little afraid to do high speed. The street was very amazing, you could do cycling through straight, incline, and down way!! After, several down way, I didn't hold the brake... WOW, seriously It was fun. The wind blew fast through your face. Feelling Fly?? Then, arrived to Ubud monkey forest. I took a rest for several minutes and took some photos in the forest and saw many monkey. The forest was pretty, even you could hear the sound of crickets. Hmmm, it was so nice to hear the sound of real nature and got high oxygen.

Small road through by mountain bike

Monkey Forest Ubud
Got tired especially in incline road, almost ninety degrees.. huuh hah.. Oh, we visited a luwak coffee plantation. I saw an animal named luwak inside the fence. After that, i arrived to the small house and i could taste various samples coffee from this plantation. The coconut, ginger, and vanilla coffee taste was good. They had samples of tea too. I bought a small bags coconut coffee cost Rp 50.000,00. 
Various coffee for tasting

Then, I biked again to a Bali traditional village and visited the house. The house was an old one and been our lived by 5 families. And, I ended up the bike tour when saw the black jeep. But the next tour, you could choose with walked together or went to lunch place with jeep. Luckily, my friend chose by foot. We took the journey through rice field, entered forest, down the hill, crossed a ayung's river where you could do rafting. 

Walking through rice field
Last, we arrived to guide tour's house and got a delicious traditional Bali lunch. I forgot to take an photo. Maybe, because I was hungry too much. Several food was served, the best one was fried noodle. It tasted spicy and little hot. But, the most delicious one. Thanks to wife of Banyan tour who cooked for us. After lunch, we talked together with Banyan tour's and knew my foreigner Erin was a teacher who taught English lesson in Kyoto, Japan. Wow, it was really nice that I've planned to go there too and she had a promise to bring me good place to there. I pay for around Rp 450.000,00 for the bike tour. What a fun day I had. Great hospitality! I totally recommended this bike tour for who had a plan to Ubud.  I had a promise too when got some day to explore Ubud, I would contact Banyan bike tour again. Thank you!!!! See me come back one day..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making easy Europe Trip

VORSTELLUNGSGESPRÄCH (The Day) dan Pre Hospitasi di Rumah Sakit Jerman

Road to be a doctor in Germany II